Veterans Affairs and Veterans Administration

Helicopter Experts is proud to be approved to train eligible veterans. Once you obtain your private pilot’s license, the VA will pay for Commercial pilot, Commercial Add-On, Authorized Flight Instructor, and Additional Flight Instructor.

Veterans that enroll are required to fly a minimum of 6 hours per month and maintain satisfactory grades. The VA pays approximately 60% of the training fees to the applicant for helicopter flight instruction, ground instruction and solo practice.

Michael Bisek has worked with the veterans administration for many years and can help guide you through this process.

  If you have any questions about eligibility to receive veteran’s benefits please call the Veterans Administration office at
If your question was not addressed on our web site, please call us.





Helicopter Experts continues to offer training under the Montgomery GI Bill. The VA does not pay for the Private Pilot Certificate using the MGIB. All ratings/certificates after Private are partially funded by the VA. The VA pays 60%, student pays 40%.






Effective October 1st, 2011, veterans eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill are able to use $10,000 per academic year for Flight Training. An academic year lasts from August 1 to July 31. All Flight Training except Private Pilot is covered. Suggested Airplane/helicopter Flight Training Programs available for $10,000 are:

  • Instrument
  • ATP
  • CFI
  • CFII
  • MEI


Helicopter Experts is currently working with colleges in Texas to offer Degree Programs using the Post 9/11 Bill.

All costs for the Degree Programs will be covered by the Post 9/11 Bill.

Flight training includes Private, Instrument, Commercial, CFI (Certified Flight Instructor) and CFII (Certified Flight Instructor Instrument).


How To Apply

For Veterans using education benefits for the first time: Verify that your VA benefits are available by contacting your local VA office at 1-800-827-1000. Click here for the Application for VA Benefits form. www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22_1990.pdf

For Veterans who have previously used VA education benefits: You must submit a "Change of Place of Training" VA Form DD 22-1995. Click here to download this form.www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-1995-ARE.pdf

After you have verified your eligibility for benefits:
1. If active duty military: An Application for Benefits DD 1990, signed by your commander. Click here to download this form http://www.va.gov/forms/data/221990p1.gif
2. If you are separated or retired military: a copy of your DD 214
3. If you are a reservist, you must provide a DD 2384

Helicopter Experts' VA Benefits Personnel will complete the VA Enrollment Form (DD 22-1999). We send everything to the VA for their final approval of benefits. The VA will send an award letter stating that your application and enrollment have been approved. This process can take from three to six weeks.

You'll find us listed on the VA's website in the Facilities Locater and Directory.